What a huge couple of days we’ve had here at the RBG! Many, many thanks to everyone who has sent emails, Tweets and Facebook messages of congratulations – we really appreciate it.
The Australian Garden has scored lots of positive media coverage both here in Australia and in the UK, with the Guardian newspaper in the UK saying today that:
“By consent, the most appropriate show garden exhibit was said to be the Australian Garden, brought over from Melbourne. With London having received less rainfall in May than Alice Springs, its red sand, salt sculptures, water hole and dry riverbed may just be the future of gardening in Chelsea.”
High praise indeed!
Here’s just a sampling of the coverage:
- In full bloom at Chelsea The Age, 24 May 2011
- Gold, gold, gold on someone else’s patch The Age, 24 May 2011
- Melbourne garden wins golden honour at Chelsea Flower Show The Herald Sun, 25 May 2011
- Richard Reynolds’ highs and lows The Telegraph, 25 May 2011
- Welcome to the Australian Garden The Telegraph, 25 May 2011
- Chelsea Flower Show: the winnersThe Telegraph
- Chelsea Flower Show: Mt Waverley artist sets the scene Monash Weekly, 23 May 2011
- Dulux Weathershield paint used by Royal Botanic Gardens for the 2011 RHS Chelsea Flower ShowInfolink, 15 February 2011